Check out our latest roundup of the top news headlines from around the freight and logistics world. We gather news related to brokers, carriers, shippers, logistics startups, freight tech, and more. Here’s what we’ve got for November 28, 2022.
- Broker Market: The global freight brokerage market is estimated to reach $90.7 billion by 2031, a CAGR of 6.3% from 2022-2031.
- Unionize the Skies: Workers at Amazon’s largest air hub in the world are pushing to organize a union. This comes as strikes are cropping up at Amazon centers across the globe.
- From Outside the Cab: A viral video showed a truck driver steering an 18-wheeler into a parking spot without even stepping inside the cabin. Some gave praise while others ripped him a new one.
- Askin’ All Them Questions: The planned mega-merger between Kroger and Albertsons is facing questioning from congress this week. If successful, the top grocers would bring nearly 5,000 stores under one umbrella.
- Class 8 Update: October Class 8 orders continue at robust levels due to pent-up demand, broader orderboards for 2023, and elevated fleet age.
Want to see last week’s headlines?